Hi! Welcome to the very late release post for VVV v3.2.0.
The biggest change is that we no longer use
vvv-custom.yml, we’ve moved to
config/config.yml. VVV will auto-migrate the file on the next command ran after update, and the format is still the same. We also changed site provisioning to log output to log files instead of the terminal. Terminal output should be much smaller and friendlier. We’ve also fixed a number of Hyper-V/Parallels/VMWare bugs.
Check out the changelog for more details on what changed in VVV 3.2
We now have a Slack Workspace! This is a great place to get help/support, ask quick questions, or watch VVV being developed. Find out more about the VVV Slack.
Provisioners and Utilities
Our utilities and site templates run on a continuous release process. Here’s a quick update of what changed since VVV 3.1.0.
- Support for custom Nginx configs: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/26/
- Force installation of specific WordPress versions: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/28
- Theme installation support: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/29
- Setup sites from SQL dumps: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/25
- Set strict script execution for site provisioners: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/27
- Support redirecting attachments not found locally to an external domain. https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/24
- Attempt to install backups of the DB if they’re found while provision: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/23
- Allow installing test content: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/21
- Allow configurable admin users: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/20
- Avoid downloading first in english, and then switching language. https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/19
- Allow dashes in database names: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/18
- Support for custom constants and values: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template/pull/16
Check the readme for all the features!
- Custom Nginx Support and Updates: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template-develop/pull/17
- Fix #1868: Grunt/Webpack output on template-develop in a file: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template-develop/pull/16
- Fix 1943: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/custom-site-template-develop/pull/15
Check the readme for all the features!
- Add WPCli-dev utilities: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/35
- Fix vvv_config file path for Tideways: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/38
- Remove define of a global var: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/37
- Simplify PHP installation: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/36
- Adds PHP 7.4 utility https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/34
- add a http header when tideways is enabled, and adjust the conditional https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/32
- Fix 1924: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/vvv-utilities/pull/33
We also added 2 new utilities:
wpcli-dev, which adds a WP CLI developer build for contributing to the WP CLI project.
php, automatically installs all versions of PHP.
- Document the versioning system used by VVV: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1050
- Profiling with tideways isn’t working as stated in the documentation https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1911
- Update documentation to reflect which sites are auto provisioned https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1944
- Improved docs for local dev: multisite: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1941
- How to declare plugin options (
activate, etc.) in vvv-custom.yml: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1935
- Vagrant + Windows = : https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1682
- Replace Docs examples with links: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1676
- Other improvements to Tideways utility: https://github.com/Varying-Vagrant-Vagrants/VVV/issues/1761